Cloud Computing Technology has become incredibly popular among business owners, startups, and accounting firms due to its innovative and cost-efficient benefits. It’s truly a game-changer and has tremendously transformed many sectors of our economy, especially in the dynamic field of remote work or telecommuting.
For one, the cloud has altered the way companies store and share information. Since everything is available at the touch of a button and can be accessed anytime and anywhere, communication and collaboration between team members have never been easier. Likewise, another great advantage of the cloud is that it can simplify time-consuming tasks for employees and enable them to focus on more significant tasks.
The number of available cloud software in the market is endless, but how would you know which software you should choose?
In this blog post, we’ll explore how cloud computing works and what you need to consider to choose the right cloud software for your business needs.
Let’s get started.
Get to Know Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing is a form of technology that enables users to access files and applications from anywhere in the world through a virtual storage space on the Internet known as “cloud.”
There are three main cloud service models:
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): provides a set of pre-built tools and applications that allow users to develop and deploy their own applications. Examples are Google App Engine and Microsoft Azure.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): refers to a model in which the provider offers computing resources but allows users to manage their own applications and security. Examples are Amazon Web Services and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): a model in which software is delivered over the Internet and typically accessed through a web browser. Examples are Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office 365.
Cloud services store data in various ways, but all three types of clouds have one thing in common: they are inherently secure. Thanks to the security features built into the platforms themselves.
- Public cloud: stores data on servers operated by the cloud provider, which is accessible to anyone with an internet connection.
- Private cloud: stores data on servers operated by the business or organisation, accessible only to employees or customers of that business or organisation.
- Hybrid cloud: stores data on both public and private servers, allowing the business or organisation to choose which type of server best suits their needs.
Benefits of Cloud Computing For Your Business
In summary, the following are the top benefits of Cloud Computing:
- Affordable and Efficient: Cloud Computing doesn’t require expensive hardware or software. You can utilise services offered by cloud providers for free or for a minimal fee.
- Increased Productivity: Cloud-based solutions enable you to access and manage your files from anywhere in the world and collaborate with your team members across the globe.
- Disaster Recovery: If something goes wrong with your computer, or if there is an issue with the Internet, your data will still be accessible through the cloud. This is because cloud providers have redundancy built into their systems.
- Enhanced Security: Since cloud computing platforms offer heightened levels of security and protection against cyber-attacks, you can ensure that your business data are protected from unauthorised access and use.
Choosing The Right Cloud Software: An Ultimate Guide
Plan What You Need
When choosing the right cloud software for your business, you must consider what you need and what works best for your organisation.
To help you make a decision, here are some things to think about:
- What specific needs will the software address?
- Do you need a full-blown cloud solution or just a particular feature?
- Is the software reliable, secure and affordable?
- How well does the software integrate with the overall technology infrastructure of your SME company?
- How important are flexibility and scalability for your small business?
Once you have these questions answered, you can begin to explore different cloud software options.
Remember, you can’t just choose the first product that comes up on the search engine. It’s crucial to find the one that will fit your needs perfectly.
Take Advantage of Free Consultation and Trial
Don’t hesitate to take advantage of free consultation and trial services offered by several providers. By speaking with a qualified vendor or a cloud software expert, you can narrow down the options and find which platform best suits your needs. Plus, trials offer you the chance to try before you buy, so you know what exactly you’re getting.
Create a Checklist for Evaluating Software
List down specific requirements and then evaluate accordingly. Make sure to assess everything, from features, functionality, ease of use, security, scalability, support and pricing. A checklist can help you focus and make the best decision for your business.
Choose Software With Excellent Underlying Process
The simpler the software is to use, the more likely you and your team will stick with it. So choose and examine software with an excellent underlying process to ensure you generate the best maximum returns. Remember, the more streamlined your procedures are, the more competitive and successful your business will be.
Be Purposeful With Your Budget
Take time to compare different software pricing options and find a package that fits your needs while staying within your budget. You don’t want to overspend on something that won’t give you much worth or benefit in the long run.
For instance, you can look at the total cost of ownership (TCO), which includes the software subscription price and monthly or annual fees for hosting and support. Then, estimate how often you will utilise the software. If you plan to use it only occasionally, then a subscription that costs less per month may be better for you.
In hindsight, the right cloud software will provide you with the features and functionality you need to streamline your business operations and reach greater heights. So make sure to choose wisely, and you’ll be on your way to a successful cloud future!
Leverage the power of new technology. Start by investing with Moolamore, an innovative cash flow tool that helps eliminate all the guesswork and complexity in managing your finances. Request for a demo now!